Circuit Training Tip
I know a lot of us get busy during the work week and sometimes on the weekends.. rather than skip your workout altogether, try circuit training!
During your lunch break or after work, try to squeeze in a circuit training session instead of skipping the gym altogether! These sessions don’t need to last more than 20-or-30 minutes, and they’re great for both resistance and cardiovascular conditioning!
- Choose 8-to-10 exercises (preferably compound movements as they burn more calories).
- Try to choose exercises that alternate between your upper and lower body (or switch off each day so you give your body time to recuperate and rebuild).
- Do 10-to-15 reps of each exercise.
- Choose a weight that challenges you, but that you can still maintain proper form. Do not rest between each exercise.
- After completing a full circuit of those 8-10 exercises, rest for 1-to-2 minutes to catch your breath, then complete another circuit!
- Try to do 2-to-5 circuits… depending on your level of fitness (CHALLENGE yourself!).